The K106.3 HOCKEY POOL – you don’t have to be an all star to play, and you get a new chance to win each week! Pick the most winning teams and you win the weekly prize.
Just for playing, you will also have a chance to win an autographed Sydney Crosby Jersey – courtesy of BlackburnNews.com!
Draw to take place on April 14, 2014
What if multiple people tie for the highest score in a given week?
If there is a tie for highest score in a given week, then a random draw will be made among those ‘tied’ participants to determine the Weekly Prize winner. All ‘tied’ participants will receive a ballot into the Grand Prize draw. For example, John Smith and Mary Jones each correctly selected the outcome for 13 out of 15 games in week 3. A random draw will determine who wins the Weekly Prize (John or Mary) but both John and Mary will receive ballots into the Grand Prize draw.
Can I win more than one week?
Yes, each week is a new opportunity for all participants to win the Weekly Prize and qualify for a Grand Prize ballot.
Can I submit more than one entry per week?
No – only one entry per participant per week is allowed. All entries are tracked for verification purposes and any user found with multiple submissions in a single week will be disqualified from further play for the rest of the Hockey Pool season.
Can I change my picks once submitted?
No – only one entry per participant per week is allowed so please double-check your entry before you submit.
Can I still play if the season has already started? What if I don’t pick a week?
Yes. Each week of play is independent of the next so if you don’t play during a given week, you simply forfeit the opportunity at winning a ballot into the Grand Prize draw for that week.
I don’t live in Sarnia, can I still enter?
Yes – this contest is open to residents of Sarnia-Lambton and Port Huron, Michigan. Please note that, unfortunately, this competition is not open to residents outside of this defined geographic area. However, our sister stations are hosting similar Hockey Pools. If you live in the London area, click here, or if you are in Chatham-Kent area click here.
Do I need to read the Official Contest Rules/Terms and Conditions? Where do I find them?
Fill out the entry form and pick the winning teams from a selection of 15 NHL games scheduled for the upcoming week. The participant who selected the most correct outcomes wins the Weekly Prize and receives a ballot into the Grand Prize draw.
Every Monday last week’s winner will be announced and we’ll post next week’s match-ups. Weekly winners will be entered into the grand prize draw. Each weekly win counts as a ballot into the grand prize draw. Multiple weekly wins = multiple grand prize ballots.
- No purchase necessary.
- One valid entry per contestant per week of play.
- You must be 18 years of age or older and a resident of Lambton County at time of entry to be eligible for this contest.
- This contest is void where prohibited by law.
- Weekly winners will be notified by email. If a winner is unreachable after seven (7) days, or if that winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected.
- If Blackburn Radio Inc. or its affiliates cannot find an eligible winner for the prize, that prize will not be awarded.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Blackburn Radio Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value.
- Employees of Blackburn Radio Inc. and its affiliates, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of each are not eligible.
- Contest entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the contest commissioners, which are final on all matters pertaining to the contest.
- Entrants grant to Blackburn Radio Inc. and its affiliates the right to use and publish their proper name and state online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest.
- Blackburn Radio Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on contestants obtained through the contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
- The Contest and all of the related pages, contents and code are copyright, Blackburn Radio Inc., Inc., and/or its affiliates. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- Each winner, by acceptance of the prize, agrees to release all Sponsors, and their parent and subsidiary companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and advertising agencies from all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize.
- Blackburn Radio Inc. and its affiliates are not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of man or God.
- If a question cannot be answered because the “action” to result the “answer” is cancelled, forfeited, or indefinitely suspended for any reason, or if there proves to be two correct listed answers for the question, that question shall not count for any contestant and scores will be computed as if the question did not exist.
- All results posted are unofficial until winners respond to e-mail notification.
- Each winner is responsible for all federal, provincial and local taxes where deemed necessary.
- The points for each question are clearly marked. For an individual round: Each week, participants pick an answer for each question. The participant with the most correct answers wins that weekly round and gets a single ballot into the Grand Prize draw. In the event of a tie for most correct answers, those participants are entered into a random draw for the Weekly Prize and each receives a single ballot into the Grand Prize draw.
- For the overall winner: A random draw will be performed from ballots of the weekly qualifiers.
- All decisions of the judges are final. Blackburn Radio Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to change the rules at any time.
The 2013/2014 K106.3 Hockey Pool has concluded for the season. Thanks for playing!